Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sleep for work. script scene idea #0002

3: 07 am.

A faint dark bore holes to the streaks of light. Or it may be the other way around.

I woke up from a half drunk sleep. Throat's dry. Did I sleep with my mouth wide open? Felt like it. A chafing feeling rustles my inner throat. Urhrrm ~ yep. Dry as sand. 
I move my head up, instinctively, grab my phone to look at the time. No, that was a lie. I look at my phone to see if there were any messages when I was half sprayed on my bed. Yep, there's a message alright. And no, it's not from my service provider nor from the boss's assistant. It was from you.

With only one eye open to fend off the evil light emitting from the screen, I scroll down. Was it good news? Of course, everything's good news when it comes from you. Just that, they are in varying shades of good. Off-good, genuine-good, meh-good, semi-good, bad-good. And a whole lot more sub-good's are in there, too. 

You said you were coming home. Event's just got cancelled. You were on your way. Then, fast forward.

I wouldn't spell out my excitement upon hearing that. I just sprang up from where I was and next thing I know, you flung your self at me like a projectile. Kinda the way Allie did when it was gorgeously raining on a dock, throwing her body at Noah then wrapping her legs around him like a veteran would do in a scissors takedown.

And mind you, it was glorious. You were glorious. It felt like a movie. The deep wet kiss stuck around like a bad memory; always fresh but also always fading. It's like the teeny wee details are slowly trickling down the sides but the entirety never seems to fully wash off.

Then, the credits rolled in.

Urhrrm ~ yep. Dry as sand. I pour another glass of water and downed it. A flush of chilled liquid washed my parched mouth. Yep, that hits the spot. And yep, I woke up. Only with a heavy head and somewhat a lighter, maybe smaller gape inside. The funny thing is, it was the start of a 30-minute fight to sleep and reconnect my space to the movie house.

But, we have never been to a movie house.

No comments:

Post a Comment