Time for my laundry list again.
I'm fascinated by the fact that we're just wandering carbon-based organisms here in this world. We're all going to die. That's a fact and when that time comes for me I'd be smiling. Although, if there was no end to this lifetime, these are the things that I'd probably want to do on repeat for the next 5,000 years or the next or the next.
1. Kiss her forehead and smell her hair everyday.
2. Tell her how beautiful she is today and eternity.
3. Hold her hand and smell the scent of her soft supple skin.
4. Stare at her until she scrunches her forehead and nose as she wonders if there's dirt on her face.
5. Share hearty meals with her and our little big man, say grace while we all hold hands.
6. Think about how tomorrow will turn out even if I know it's going to be the same beautiful routine again.
7. Write her a new poem and read it to her until it makes her tear up a bit or laugh since I'm not a poet.
8. Lie on bed as we talk about our story and laugh at the funnier times.
9. Sit still as I hug her from behind. Kiss her if she lets me.
10. Write the many things I can't do tomorrow since I have to do the same beautiful things with her and our son again.
I'm far from death although I'm farther away from repeating this for a life time. If only I could live a script that I've written. But that would'nt count. It's a fake reality. I'd choose a sad but real now than a perceived happy tomorrow any time of the day.
Hello, time off.