Thursday, January 9, 2014

LomoLit: Carpeted Sky on New Year

It was nearing New Year when I confessed what I really felt for you. Only I didn’t have words for it, I just stuck with you like glue.

Photo by mafiosa
The cold was biting but bearable. Wind chills are getting the best out your blouse with repeating micro blossoms. I can always remember how young we both looked like. You were beautiful with a wispy glow, you retained that look while I, on the other hand can’t even go near that level.

We were unsure with what we had. You were confident, I was not. Although it was probably the biggest mistake that I ever did. You wanted waffles but I could only find donuts. You smiled sweetly; you didn’t need honey or sugar that was still inside the brown paper bag.
Photo by ariannapaloma
Remember the first kiss? That deafening silence that soon turned into a warm familiar feeling that was once so strange you were almost afraid of it. I was glad that I jumped into that unknown pit. It was probably one of the best things that I’ve done.
Your glassy brown eyes didn’t mind the dry cold wind. It wasn’t irritated like it is now with the contact lenses that you’re wearing. You just removed your eyeglasses and shut your eyes as you began to lose yourself in what we had. We were good at getting lost.
Photo by werriston
Now we’re here. We rarely see each other and all I can think about is how your hair flew in the wind and how the familiar fruity scents joined the breeze in a fleeting dance. Your long hair goes into a pirouette as your small face turns up as you take a sweeping look around the room.
It is during moments like that that I remember the night we almost welcomed New Year together. We were blanketed in each other’s nubile bodies. Separated by the bundles of clothes in between us and the faint spark that was fanning itself into an ember, we kissed as fireworks scattered stars in the sky and its tiny fragments littered the ground.
________________________________________________________
Original article can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment