Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sipping from a candidate's cup.



3/13/2010 1:51 AM

Elections are nearing, campaigns are going here and there. And as it seems, everywhere you look, you'll see the face of a candidate smiling at you and BIG BIG BOLD campaign slogans overwhelm you even in your sleep. (not to mention a viral melody that's more contagious than the latest strain of AH1N1 virus) I really try hard not to get annoyed by all these things just because I think it's a waste of time and effort in doings so but something very interesting happened to me earlier yesterday. It was another hot day in the city of Baguio and then i decided to buy a cool refreshment in a nearby convenience store. And to my surprise, a high stack of green cups welcomed me to the refreshment section. What's so extraordinary about that that I decided to put it up on this minute page of mine? Well, this stack of green cups has a face of a presidentiable on them. Yup, you read right. A face of a presidentiable and a tag line that says : "make your vote count" if my memory serves me right.

I was like 'Aah. Ayos a. Pati dito ba naman.' I'll admit, it's a nice move, not only do you get a cool drink but you also get a handheld campaign material. Cool. Great. Plus, it's green. I wonder if they'll also make orange and yellow cups too. Hmm. I guess there's only way to find out: Imma go grab another cup of my oh-so-good cool drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment