Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Everything's Better

From Twin Shadow's tour cover

"Pucker up, darling. I forgot my good night kiss."

I feel like everything is better on two wheels. 


Conversations are more memorable as we zip by cars. Everything is just a blur yet everything is stamped on the back of my eyes. I just have to close them to remember the dashes of tail lights and the oncoming head lamps.


The sweet smell of gas burning and the whirring of engines make me cringe at the thought of it. Cold night winds blew your hair to the other side, I flick it and tuck it in your left ear. 


That side part of your face is my most favorite. It's what I get to kiss when I sneak up behind you and give you an ambush kiss and a lift.


What now? 40, 50, 60 going on 70. I can't hear you. I don't need to, you hug me close and tight enough its an assurance and constant reminder.


What's weird is that every time I ride alone, your scent lingers and the feel of your weight is still there. It's good the first few months, now, it's just sad.


You're the one zipping by me now, on someone else's two-wheeler.

And I drink and I smoke and I ask you if you're ever around, even though it was me who drove us right in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment